Apr 28, 2023
Interview with Sam Wild
Today's urgent interview is with Sam Wild from South Seas
Spearos! Diving and filming Great White Sharks in the water is not
for the feint of heart, Sam has had some amazing experiences with
them! An extremely talented cameraman and spearo, his skills are
being put to great use following his mates around and filming their
epic adventures chasing amazing fish! Learn a bit more about Sam
and his past, get some insight into filming and producing South Sea
Spearos and hear what it's like to dive with Great White Sharks! He
also runs, with his father, the MAHI Spearfishing
store which sell some real nice floats, perfect for going up
against those one in a lifetime fish! If you haven't yet
- check out their Youtube and prepare for the froth!
- 00:13 Intro
- 06:15 Welcome Sam!
- 06:45 Lobster hunting in NZ
- 11:00 Filming spearos underwater
- 14:10 Growing up in an alternative community
- 17:20 Tall poppy syndrome and Facebook groups
- 24:40 EDH - your partner!
- 29:25 What's it like diving with Great White Sharks?
- 36:20 Cage diving
- 43:55 Fishery regulations
- 49:40 A memorable hunt or experience in the ocean
- 52:45 Dive safety
- 56:00 Your favourite or most interesting species
- 01:02:45 Scary experiences
- 01:07:05 Paper Nautilus
- 01:08:55 South Sea Spearos = Meat Eater
- 01:10:40 Almost getting speared BY a marlin
- 01:15:25 Pranks
- 01:22:10 Mahi Spearfishing
- 01:27:15 How do you manage your mental health being so popular
- 01:30:25 Future plans and where can people find you?
Noob Spearo Partners and Discount Codes