Jul 13, 2022
Interview with Tom Sandstrom, Angus Knox and Cameron Wise
Today's interview is a little different, join Shrek and his good
mate Cam as they go on a spearfishing road trip down to Sydney!
Today we are in the Moonee Tavern in Coffs Harbour after a day of
spearing, having a few brews, a good meal and a great chat with
mates! Shorediving, breaking in new wetsuits, cooking tips and what
conditions you can expect when diving around Coffs Harbour. Join
Shrek and his mates in the pub after a day of
- 00:13 Intro
- 06:05 Welcome everyone!
- 07:00 New wetsuits
- 10:25 Shorediving in Coffs Harbour
- 11:30 Abalone: size, how to find them and how to cook them
- 13:50 How is your seafood game?
- 16:20 Cooking fails
- 17:30 Mushy Kingfish Pastrami
- 19:25 Dry-Aging
- 21:45 Icing fish
- 24:45 Smoked Mullet
- 27:35 What conditions can we expect diving here?
- 31:50 Too cold for Kingfish?
- 33:30 Tips for shooting big Kingy's
- 36:45 Hunting Parrot fish and Dhufish
- 40:20 Do you wear a GoPro?
- 43:25 What are the best months for diving here?
- 44:40 How can someone start diving in Coffs Harbour? Coffs
Harbour Spearfishing Club!
- 47:45 What makes a good dive buddy out here?
- 49:18 Good habits and ettiquette
3 free online tools help find secret spearfishing spots
- 53:10 Core freediving techniques
- 54:30 Stress testing
- 57:25 Can you remember your first big Kingfish?
- 01:00:20 Family spearos
- 01:02:40 Spearfishing Competitions
- 01:04:20 Gunther Pfrengle
- 01:08:05 Barriers to entry - getting past the first
- 01:10:00 We shoot 3 Luderick, how are we cooking them?
- 01:11:20 Dhufish
- 01:14:35 Thank you and Thwaites Marine for taking us out and
treating us so well!
- 01:17:30 Spearo Q&A
- 01:22:00 Outro
Noob Spearo Partners and Discount Codes