Apr 18, 2022
Interview with Chris Adair
Today's interview is with Chris Adair from Bottom Dwellers
Freediving in British Columbia and we talk everything cold water
freediving and spearfishing! Depending on who you ask, "cold" water
can mean different things, but when we talk about the cold water
that Chris deals with, it's not messing around! Learn some great
tips for getting better at diving in sub 10 degree C water, staying
warm and comfortable and about some of the awesome initiatives he
runs where he partners with First Nations People communities in
remote locations and introduces them to spearfishing and
freediving! Learn some great tips and how he is giving back to
those around him in such an awesome way!
- 00:13 Intro
- 03:45 @DeepWaterDreamin Patrick Ryan voice message
- 06:05 Welcome Chris Adair! How did you get into freediving and
- 07:40 You teach freediving professionally
- 08:25 Bottom Dwellers! We mostly hunt bottom dwelling
- 11:20 Hunting on the bottom is it's own technique to learn
- 12:45 Tell us about Bottom Dwellers Freediving!
- 15:00 Tide to Table / Freedive Harvesting courses
- 19:05 Foraging in cold water is magical
- 20:30 Diving seasons
- 21:20 You have some great photographers
- 24:30 You have some great community initiatives you run with
the First Nations People, tell us about it!
- 29:25 What is day to day life like in these remote
- 32:20 Where can people learn more about the Warrior Leadership
The British Columbia Spearfishing Summit
- 36:25 Regulations - how does Canada compare to other
- 40:15 Education is the best way to punish mistakes
- 41:40 Fisheries officers are invited too!
- 45:55 Veteran's Vault: Cold water freediving and the mammalian
- 48:55 Countering the cold
- 52:20 Daniel Mann's shorts over wetsuit
- 55:55 When do you know when you are getting too cold? When
you're shivering, get out!
- 57:00 PFI Level 1 Requirements
- 58:15 Thick new wetsuits aren't very flexible! What do you
- 01:00:20 Cold water struggles: distributing weight! How do you
- 01:02:00 Duck diving is extremely essential!
- 01:04:40 Quick tips for staying warm!
- 01:08:00 Crocs are just a uniform!
- 01:10:30 Funny stories!
- 01:15:00 Hunting and foraging techniques: increasing bottom
time and looking in the right places
- 01:16:50 Spearo Q&A
- Your best resource for improving your spearfishing and
- Favourite spearfishing buddy and why
- Describe the spearfishing experience
- 01:19:55 Thank you for being on the show! Where can people find
- 01:21:00 Outro
Noob Spearo Partners and Discount Codes