Apr 6, 2022
Interview with Devin O'Dea and Eric Keener
Today's interview is with Eric O'dea of the Backcountry Hunters
(BHA) and Anglers and Eric Keener of Fin and Forage! We chat
everything 30/30, MPA's, conservation, hunting and how they all
connect. We also have a great chat about the upcoming Catch and
Cook comp with Fin and Forage, the BHA and Messermeister. A
spearfishing competition mixed in with masterchef with a beach
cleanup and urchin culling event with prizes for each different
category, this is a great idea and we can't wait to see this comp
happen! You can visit this
to find out more!
Follow Fin and Forage on Instagram and YouTube to get all the
latest content they make and hear all the news about this comp!
- 00:13 Intro
- 03:25 Hello and welcome Devin and Eric!
- 05:30 The Backcountry Hunters and Anglers: what is it and why
is it important?
- 08:00 Hunter and conservationist
- 12:10 Growing up with deer in your garden
- 14:25 Eric Keener from Fin and Forage, reintroduce
- 18:50 30/30: What is it all about?
- 21:50 What happened in NSW?
- 26:35 What is your advice to the everyday spearo?
- 30:35 Citizen science: iNaturalist and how to get involved
- 36:25 Food changes mindsets and perceptions
- 41:15 The Catch and Cook Comp! Tell us all about it!
- 43:25 Beach cleanup prizes
- 47:00 What are you doing with the urchins you're
- 51:00 Who are the legends that made this possible? Fin and
Forage team, Ryan Gentry, @CutProfessor
- 52:00 Lots of big sponsors and massive prizes!
- 53:10 The infamous Valentine Thomas story!
- 58:55 Was your trip succesful?
- 01:00:25 Devin, do you and Eric ever dive together?
- 01:01:25 The most fun you can have with your spearfishing
- 01:02:30 "I don't regard nature as a spectator sport"
- 01:05:20 Belonging in a place you don't belong
- 01:06:25 Go to FinandForage.com and on Instagram to find out
more about the competition!
- 01:09:35 Outro
Noob Spearo Partners and Discount Codes