May 10, 2023
Interview with Glyn Sadler
Today's interview is with Glyn Sadler!
He is part of a group of friends that decided to row across the
Atlantic ocean! We chat all about preparing for a massive trip
like this, spearfishing off a row boat and how his time in the
military has helped his spearfishing. Mental health is a huge
talking point, rowing for weeks on end with 3 other men in a tiny
boat is going to push you to a place you probably haven't been
before, Glyn has some great thoughts on how to overcome some mental
challenges. We also talk about using the bathroom out on the sea
and some of the hilarious stories that come with that!
A special Happy Birthday to Glyn's son Harry and his wife
- 00:13 Intro
- 05:25 Welcome Glyn!
- 06:35 Your military background, spearfishing and ocean
- 12:00 Mental health
- 14:40 Useless people
- 18:00 Resilience and the reality of rowing across the
- 30:05 Great struggle brings great victory
- 33:40 A hard reset for your mental health
- 39:00 How did the bathroom work?
- 42:10 Spearfishing and ocean rowing
- 45:05 Tell us about your boat!
- 52:15 Tell us about this race and the sponsors!
- 01:00:55 @Adventures_Per_Mare - rowing and spearfishing the UK
- 01:08:40 Fitness
- 01:12:15 Australian visitor out on the Atlantic
- 01:20:40 Spearfishing in Northern Wales
- 01:25:20 4.4lb Mullet
- 01:28:20 Spider crabs in the shallows and diving with your
- 01:33:50 99 Spearo Recipes and harvesting food from the
- 01:41:45 Thanks for joining us Glyn!
- 01:42:40 Outro
Noob Spearo Partners and Discount Codes