Dec 7, 2022
Interview with Bert, Joel and Rory!
Today's interview is with Bert and Joel as we round off our WA
trip. More great fish but this time with a lot more sharks! We had
such a good day out spearing, everyone landing great fish and Joel
and Shrek checking off new and target species. They put some new
Old Man Blue gear to the test, trying out their impressive new
prototype weight vest! Some sad and scary stories of knots letting
you down, getting taxed and hurting some innocent gear. What a
great trip with Joel, Bert and Rory! Will they ever find the lube??
Have a listen to find out! Also, a massive thanks to
@Deryck.Gyotaku for his amazing print of Shrek's Baldchin
a hardcover copy of 99 Spearo Recipes
- 00:13 Intro
- 02:50 Welcome back Bert and Joel!
- 06:00 Target species and first fish!
- 11:20 Deryck Gyotaku of Shrek's Baldchin Groper
- 14:30 Testing out Old Man
- 16:25 Old Man Blue weight harness
- 21:00 Shrek and his poor gear
- 23:35 Bad knots and losing spears
- 28:05 Hunting Ranking Cod in the murk
- 32:20 Joel's first Spanish Mackerel
- 34:30 Getting taxed!
- 45:55 Boating troubles out at sea
- 50:00 Honey holes
- 55:25 Mangrove Jacks in caves
- 57:40 Sunset spearfishing for Chinamanfish!
- 01:04:15 Good eating and bad eating fish!
- 01:08:10 Processing fish for the freezer
- 01:09:10 Fisheries management and bag limits
- 01:16:15 Follow @WAUnderseaClub &
- 01:19:15 How can I improve my spearfishing? Besides almost
shooting Joel in the face...
- 01:24:20 Outro
Noob Spearo Partners and Discount Codes