Aug 24, 2022
Interview with the Central Coast Sealions (x6)
Today's interview is with 6 of the Central Coast Sealions!
Several ex-presidents, the current president and a bunch of super
stoked spearos join Cam and Shrek as they chat all things Central
Coast diving and how being involved in a club has made a huge
difference. Get an window into the inner workings of a spearfishing
club from the guys that do it, organising comps to getting noob
spearos into the water to being a good boaty, today's conversation
is an interesting one! Tips for diving the headlands, predicting
weather conditions, being a good boaty, how to disguise your photos
to hide the location and some hilarious stories from the guys
who've been diving out there. Lots of laughter and some really
actionable info, let us know what you think in the comments!
Follow them on Instagram: @CentralCoastSealions
and join their Facebook
Here is the podcast Shrek mentioned about the fishing lures and
the sounds they make.
- 00:13 Intro
- 07:00 Welcome Alistair!
- 08:30 Club social meetings, welcome Andrew!
- 10:10 How many dive days do you get in a year?
- 13:00 Welcome current President Josh! How do you get noob
- 16:35 Which lobsters do you get around here?
- 17:10 Welcome Mark!
- 19:30 Becoming a skipper: first time taking divers out
- 23:25 Welcome Dave!
- 26:20 How many days with good viz do you get here?
- 27:55 Central Coast swell
- 29:25 What weather apps are you using?
- 34:55 When the water is dirty, we adapt and do something
- 36:30 Big white boulders, avoiding the kelp and what to expect
on the bottom
- 37:40 Seafood: how good are the Central Coast Sealions?
- 39:25 Abalone
- 42:05 Foraging
- 43:15 Spot burning
- 45:30 How to disguise your pictures
- 49:55 Best stories!
- 55:45 Getting rammed by a shark!
- 01:00:00 How to be a good boaty!
- 01:03:30 Big seals
- 01:07:15 Thanks so much for the chat guys!
Noob Spearo Partners and Discount Codes