Jul 27, 2022
Interview with James Sakker
Today's interview is James Sakker! It's day 3 of Shrek and Cam's
East Australian Coast trip and they are chatting with James Sakker!
Whales and sharks become a big talking point with loads of stories
of encounters and tips for dealing with them yourself. Also some
bonus tips for hunting Mackeral and drift diving! Lots of laughter
and great stories!
- 00:13 Intro
- 06:55 No lobsters were harmed in the making of this
- 07:50 Day 3 on our mission
- 09:30 You picked an amazing time to come, not
- 10:55 Big whales and a baby whale
- 14:25 Tail slapped by a whale
- 15:40 Scariest whale story
- 17:40 Diving with Dodgy and a Bull shark!
- 22:10 Cam's shark encounter
- 25:15 How should you handle sharks when you shoot a fish? Keep
eye contact, roar or make a loud noise underwater. You're big, be
aggressive. Except Bull sharks.
- 30:40 Sharks have strict hierarchies, especially Great Whites.
A smart shark is a cautious one.
- 32:10 Encounters with aggressive sharks
- 35:00 Poking sharks away and a mate getting bitten
- 41:10 Tagging Great Whites
- 42:40 Great Whites throughout the world
- 44:45 Is it blood or movement that attracts sharks?
- 46:20 Alternatives to poking
- 48:15 Thoughts on the swimmer taken in Sydney, very unusual
- 50:30 Tiger sharks and Dogtooth Tuna
- 53:20 Cobia
- 54:20 What is your diving range at home?
- 56:25 Drift diving = accuracy matters more than time
- 01:00:20 How do you dive pinnacles?
- 01:01:55 Flashers and Mackeral
- 01:04:20 Sound underwater
- 01:06:35 What's coming up next?
- 01:08:05 Outro
Noob Spearo Partners and Discount Codes