Mar 1, 2022
Interview with Forrest Galante
Today's interview is with Forrest Galante! Explorer, TV
personality, adventurer and spearo, Forest has a rather large
resume when it comes to the outdoors, holding multiple spearfishing
world records on speargun and pole spear! Having been on the Joe
Rogan Podcast and besides his own podcast The Wild Times podcast, he
is most well known for his TV shows where he travels to remote
parts of the world in search of extinct and extremely rare animals.
We are proud to say that his journey was hugely influenced by
spearfishing, join us as we have a great chat about his connection
to spearfishing and how that relates to the other work he does.
- 00:13 Intro
- 03:08 Welcome Forrest Galante!
- 05:52 Wild Times Podcast
- 07:25 Handling large sharks
- 10:43 First Tiger shark interaction
- 13:15 We are still learning about sharks
- 15:10 You're a HECS man and you've been on the Joe Rogan
- 16:24 Extinct or Alive
- 18:25 Tell us about your adventures
- 22:15 The reality of working a job like yours
- 24:40 Your early work
- 27:30 Opportunity cost
- 29:30 You have 6 World Records, which stands out the most?
- 35:30 You seem to like hunting Wahoo, how do you hunt
- 40:00 Getting towed by a big fish
- 43:25 Bull sharks and Mako's
- 48:10 California diving
- 50:50 Do you hunt with the meal in mind?
- 53:15 Spearfishing presents unique pressure on species
- 55:55 What is in your gear bag? 62 inch Diablo Speargun, HECS
and Waihana wetsuits, Omer Stingray Carbon 25's, Riffe mask and
- 01:01:45 What are the obstacles that you face and how do you
- 01:04:35 Thank you Forest!
Noob Spearo Partners and Discount Codes