Jan 19, 2022
Today's interview is with Tim Hatler & Brock Kennedy of Palapas
Ventana in Baja, Mexico! Surrounded by amazing sea's almost year
round and with options for when the weather is bad, they have some
of the world's best spearfishing out there. They run spearfishing
trips where spearos Noob and experienced alike can get in the water
and have an opportunity to shoot potentially world record fish!
Listen to the stories they tell from their many years running
spearfishing trips, advice on booking and preparing for a trip and
some of the fun you can expect! From riding Great White sharks to
cruising in luxury, if you are wanting a memorable spearfishing
experience, go look at Palapas Ventana!
- 00:13 Intro
- 04:00 Welcome Brock and Tim!
- 05:35 Where in the world are you?
- 07:05 You have an ocean full of life
- 08:40 Introduce yourselves and Palapas Ventana
- 10:15 Tell us about your accommodation you have an offer
- 12:10 How does it work for international travelers coming to
visit? Logistical issues
- 14:25 How long do you need to have a decent trip? 5 days of
- 15:30 February has the worst conditions, least fish
- 17:05 Trade winds
- 19:15 How remote do you travel on these trips?
- 20:50 Brock, how did you start spearfishing?
- 22:10 Scuba spearfishing
- 24:20 Coming from cold water to now having warm tropical water,
how has that changed your spearfishing?
- 25:35 Tim, how did you start spearfishing?
- 29:00 Spearfishing in Guadeloupe
- 31:45 Spearfishing with
Great White sharks
- 34:40 What fish do you love to hunt? Tell us about Wahoo
- 38:05 Most memorable Wahoo
- 40:12 Roosterfish
- 42:06 Yellowfin Tuna
- 44:45 Grouper hunting
- 50:25 What other locally inspired experiences have you
included? What food are you eating on your trips?
- 57:35 Scary stuff: how do you deal with emergencies?
- 58:16 Does guiding take away from your spearfishing
- 59:50 Describe the perfect clients
- 01:01:40 Funny stories
- 01:06:50 What's in your dive bag?
- 01:10:10 List of gear to bring: Don't fly with weights!
- 01:10:55 Spearo Q&A
- 01:13:21 Thank you Tim and Brock!
Noob Spearo Partners and Discount Codes